We used to eat a giant, bready cheesy Digiorno at our house every Friday evening. Then we started trying to accommodate for poor Sparrow. For those of you who don’t know me, Sparrow is my dairy intolerant toddler. So making pizza actually became more of a hassle than a convenience because I had to prepare two separate meals.
Then I decided to start really desiring to feed my family healthier options. Thankfully we don’t have to say goodbye to our old friend pizza.
Try this healthier, yummy & as always kid friendly pizza recipe.
BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizza
This BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizza is smothered with beans, onions, barbecue sauce, and vegan cheese.
Prep Time 15 mins
Cook Time 8 mins
Total Time 23 mins
Servings 4 servings, 1/2 flatbread each
- 2 whole-wheat flatbreads or 6½-inch whole wheat pitas
- ½ cup reduced-sugar barbecue sauce
- 1½ cups cooked chicken breast, shredded
- ½ cup canned black beans, drained, rinsed
- ½ cup corn kernels
- ½ medium red onion, chopped
- ½ cup shredded vegan cheddar cheese (we like go veggie)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
Preheat oven to 350º F.
Place flatbreads on a large baking sheet.
Spread barbecue sauce evenly on flatbreads.
Top flatbreads evenly with chicken, black beans, corn, onion, and cheese.
Bake for 5 to 8 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Top evenly with cilantro and drizzle with lime juice. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of beachbody blog 🥰